Skip to content
1. Why are you taking this career quiz?
I'm unemployed and searching
I'm uphappy with my current career
I'm beginning a new career after graduation
I'd like to see what options are out there
2. You just arrived home from work, you'd be most happy to tell your family that you:
Saved someone's life
Made someone's life better
Came closer to reaching a competitive goal
Implemented a new practice that made others' jobs easier
3. Which of these would give you the most personal fulfillment in your career?
Improving someone's physical well being
Helping someone understand something
Moving toward a new level of success within an industry
Being the person others counted on for technological assistance
4. Your friend just switched to a new career. You're jealous because they get to:
Make people feel better
Impact others' futures
Have specific projects to work on every day
Get to play with the newest and coolest gadgets
5. In a disaster situation, which of these people are you?
Responder who looks out for the well being of others
Organizer who tries to make sure everyone is on track
Planner who looks to find solutions to the problem
Supporter who helps by makes sure others have what they need
6. What types of books are on your nightstand right now?
7. Which type of work atmosphere sounds most comfortable to you?
I'd like to work closely with others who need my help
I'd like to be a leader who determines the direction of others' work
I'd like to focus on my task at hand, and I don't mind if I'll be working alone
I'd like to have people come to me when they have a question
8. Would you consider furthering your education (online or in person) to prepare for your new career?
9. What kind of work schedule would you want in your career?
I'd like my schedule to be appointment based
I'd like to put in whatever time is needed to finish the job
I'd like to work a strictly defined set of hours and be done
10. What type of problem would you prefer to solve?
I like to solve problems based on others' feedback
I like to solve problems that require creativity and new approaches
I like to find answers by analyzing information and thinking critically
I like to troubleshoot problems to find specific solutions
11. If your work could give you the opportunity to help someone:
I'd like to use the time to help one person at a time
I'd like to use the time to help a community
I'd like to use the time to help myself
None of these. I'd just like to do my job
Looking for a New Career in 2011?
Our 2011 Hot Jobs Guide is what you need.
Get it for free
Career Search Engine
Need a High Paying Job?
Medical Billing and Coding
Medical Office Manager
All Job Categories
Medical Billing and Coding
View All Health Jobs
View All Business Jobs
Lawyer and Attorney
View All Legal Jobs
Adult Education Teacher
English as a Second Language Teacher
Special Education Teacher
View All Education Jobs
Health Insurance for the New Professional
How a Vegetarian Diet Can Raise Your Salary and Accelerate Your Career
Boost Your Buying Power
Career Spotlight: Occupational Therapist (Video)
©2012 Job Descriptions